Please note: This is a full-time employment opportunity open to applicants who reside in and are eligible to work in the US. We are not looking for consultants or freelance marketers.
Localize is looking for a creative and energetic Marketing Director to join our growing, US-based remote team. Our company has product-market fit (500+ customers) and is now looking to scale our digital marketing and lead generation efforts. This opportunity is perfect for an entrepreneurial minded individual who has a proven track record of formulating and executing digital and demand generation marketing strategies for B2B SaaS products.
As our initial dedicated marketing employee, you’ll take on full ownership and responsibility for developing and executing the company’s B2B marketing strategy. This includes creating and executing all digital marketing and lead generation activities, processes, analytics, agency management and budget oversight. This is a growth and leadership opportunity for an experienced digital marketer with a true passion for software technology products. If you want to be on the front lines of a growing SaaS company, please apply!
- Build and lead a demand generation function that includes collaboration with Product Management, Sales Leadership, Customer Success Management, and Executive Staff.
- Plan, develop, and execute digital and demand generation programs to generate leads from both new prospects and existing customers that meet buyer profiles. Accelerate the leads through the sales and marketing funnel, ultimately meeting quarterly and annual revenue growth goals.
- Build multichannel campaigns (inbound and outbound) that align messaging to the target audience and buyer journey, including:
- Search engine optimization (SEO) — Deliver programs that improve organic search rankings and maximize investment in search engine optimization.
- Search engine marketing (SEM) — Develop ad copy and landing pages to capture lead data from paid search engine marketing efforts.
- Digital Advertising and Social Media — Develop and execute targeted campaigns via social advertising (such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter), display and retargeting, and content syndication via third parties and programmatic advertising vendors.
- Email — Clearly articulate business value to drive interest in our products and services. Employ email best practices and personalized content based on the needs of the target profiles.
- Direct mail — Identify key targets and lead the creation of compelling direct mail offers that drive buyers to act.
- Direct outreach — Work closely with SDRs to develop interactions that drive buyers to act, including teleprospecting scripts, email templates and ongoing “sales plays” to support campaign activity.
- Develop and manage content strategy targeting unique prospect and customer groups and contacts. Content strategy should include multiple form factors and assets including marketing sites, landing pages, videos, sales enablement, and other marketing materials. The strategy should also incorporate a clear definition of the company’s ICP and buyer personas to inform all marketing activities.
- Establish and manage quarterly and annual key performance indicators (KPIs) and budgets for demand generation programs to ensure spend is allocated to highest-performing marketing tactics.
- Measure performance of the marketing mix and experiment to optimize across marketing channels.
- Provide executive-level transparency to demand generation results in weekly, monthly and quarterly views.
- Support leadership with presentations to support quarterly reviews of demand generation campaign results.
- Manage budgets and deliverables of third-party agencies, freelancers and contractors.
- Work with IT to select tools and marketing technology (martech) stack to achieve goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills including content development.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills, including metrics-driven thinking.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and adapt quickly to change.
- Comfortable working both autonomously and collaboratively in a team setting.
- General demand generation and martech skills, including:
- Knowledge of and familiarity with CRM lead management tools
- Familiarity with the leading digital and social marketing platforms (such as Google and LinkedIn)
- Proficiency in advertising technology platforms (such as Google Ads and retargeting platforms)
- Familiarity with marketing technology and tools, including personalization engines; firmographic, technographic and intent data platforms; and content marketing platforms
- Comfortable using common spreadsheet applications (such as Excel), including pivot tables and charting
- Experience with building and optimizing account-based marketing programs.
- Familiarity with content syndication providers (such as Madison Logic and TechTarget)
- Experience developing, implementing, and determining business impact through various approaches, including:
- Understanding of buyer’s journey and marketing funnel stages
- Ability to forecast the marketing funnel to ensure campaigns are measured and optimized across the buying cycle and align with sales targets
- Understanding of the typical approaches, methods, challenges and output of attribution models and media mix modeling
- Ability to present results in consumable formats, including dashboards, reports and data visualizations
- Experience hiring, managing, and optimizing performance from agency partners, including:
- Developing and leading an RFP process when seeking new agencies
- Defining KPIs and management reporting processes for agency partners
- Conducting periodic reviews of agency performance
- Effectively managing budgets with and through agency partners
Experience: Seven years of business-to-business (B2B) marketing experience, with a minimum of five years in enterprise technology
Track record: Ability to share demand generation results for prior roles and a portfolio that showcases your content writing style and expertise.
Education: B.A. or B.S. in marketing or business, M.B.A. a plus
This position is only open to applicants who reside in and are eligible to work in the US.
The Localize platform is used by 500+ companies to automate the translation of their web and mobile applications, and bring their products and services to new markets at record speed. We help companies like Trello to translate their help center (https://help.trello.com/), Tinder to translate their blog (https://blog.gotinder.com/), and RocketMiles to translate their web app (https://www.rocketmiles.com/) - to see our product in action, click any of those links and use the website's language switcher to switch from English to another language.
We are a team of ~14 people working fully remote. We offer competitive pay, a full benefits package, and a culture with emphasis on work + life balance.
Along with your resume, send us a cover letter that showcases your personality and tells us why we should hire you. Previous experience working in a remote position is a must.